New in stock:
12′ Point Defiance
This versatile rowing dinghy can be upgraded to a sailboat for all-around summer fun.
This 12′ Point Defiance rowboat is brand new and ready to go! This family-friendly dinghy offers tremendous versatility. It can be rowed either tandem or solo, and is a delight to sail with the optional sailing ugprade. It can easily accept a 2hp outboard motor to make an excellent fishing boat. The hull is very forgiving and it is probably our easiest boat to sail, so it’s great for teaching kids or grandkids what sailing is all about. It’s a fun tender for a mothership, but also just big enough to be a worthy standalone boat in its own right. If you are thinking of getting into boating and are looking for your first boat, it would be hard to go wrong with a Point Defiance.
This in-stock Point Defiance includes an Endeavor Blue gelcoat stripe that looks really sharp against the white hull, with grey interior and low-maintenance rubrail trim. It has been upgraded with our unique ultralight composite construction option that reduces the boat’s weight to 130 lbs (versus the regular 150 lbs in conventional fiberglass), a stainless steel keel strip to protect the keel during beaching.
- NEW 12′ Point Defiance Rowboat
- Sailaway ready with all sails, mast & boom, rigging, daggerboard, and rudder
- Two fixed rowing positions (can be rowed single or tandem)
- Aft rowing seat is removable for when you need more floor or cargo space
- Endeavor Blue gelcoat stripe on top 2 strakes, gray interior
- Ultralite composite construction for reduced weight and increased strength
- Daggerboard and mast step for optional sailing conversion
- Stainless Steel Keel Strip
- Sailing conversion with rudder, daggerboard, all sails and rigging
- Custom-fit Canvas Cover
- Boat Trailer
- Boat Dolly
- Docking Fenders
- Oars (Multiple Styles available)
See our full price list for details
|4 people / 579 lbs
|MAX WEIGHT LIMIT:
|Main 57 ft2 Jib 28 ft2
- SHIPPING: Pricing assumes local pick up at our shop in Gig Harbor. If you need this boat shipped to you, please contact us for a quote below and provide your zip code.
- SALES TAX: Washington State residents are subject to sales tax.
Prefer a different color, wood trim, or another something special?
We are a custom boatbuilder and can build the boat of your dreams to order! Our current lead time is about 6-8 weeks for a new Point Defiance. Start a no-obligation custom quote here if you’d like to chat about a custom Point Defiance made especially for you!