New in Stock:
12′ Point Defiance Sailboat
Save over $500 on a versatile rowing-sailing package to get you out on the water fast!
reg. price $12,095
This 12′ Point Defiance sailboat is brand new and ready to sail! This family-friendly rowing and sailing dinghy offers tremendous versatility. It can be rowed either tandem or solo, is a delight to sail, and can easily accept a 2hp outboard motor to make an excellent fishing boat. The hull is very forgiving and it is probably our easiest boat to sail, so it’s great for teaching kids or grandkids what sailing is all about. It’s a fun tender for a mothership, but also just big enough to be a worthy standalone boat in its own right. If you are thinking of getting into boating and are looking for your first boat, it would be hard to go wrong with a Point Defiance.
This in-stock Point Defiance includes a burgundy gelcoat stripe that looks really sharp against the white hull, with grey interior and low-maintenance rubrail trim. It has been upgraded with our unique kevlar/composite construction option that reduces the boat’s weight to 130 lbs (versus the regular 150 lbs in conventional fiberglass), a stainless steel keel strip to protect the keel during beaching, and 4-point lifting eyes so it can be suspended from davits. Plus, we’re including a FREE pair of 8′ spoon blade wood oars (a $545 value). This beauty is ready to row home with you today!
- NEW 12′ Point Defiance Sailboat
- Sailaway ready with all sails, mast & boom, rigging, daggerboard, and rudder
- Two fixed rowing positions (can be rowed single or tandem)
- Aft rowing seat is removable for when you need more floor or cargo space
- Kevlar-Composite construction for reduced weight and increased strength
- Stainless Steel Keel Strip
- 4-Point Lifting Eyes
- 8′ Wood Spoon-blade Oars
- Custom-fit Canvas Cover
- Boat Trailer
- Boat Dolly
- Docking Fenders
- Additional Oars (Multiple Styles available)
See our full price list for details
|PASSENGER RATING:||4 people / 579 lbs|
|MAX WEIGHT LIMIT:||632 lbs|
|SAIL AREA:||Main 57 ft2 Jib 28 ft2|
- SHIPPING: Pricing assumes local pick up at our shop in Gig Harbor. If you need this boat shipped to you, please contact us for a quote below and provide your zip code.
- SALES TAX: Washington State residents are subject to sales tax.
Prefer a different color, wood trim, or another something special?
We are a custom boatbuilder and can build the boat of your dreams to order! Our current lead time is about 6-8 weeks for a new Point Defiance. Start a no-obligation custom quote here if you’d like to chat about a custom Point Defiance made especially for you!